I’m trying out a new recipe on the Junior League girls tomorrow. No lie – it’s Jimmy Fallon’s chili recipe, courtesy of Martha Stewart.
Here’s the recipe in case you want to try it as well. Mine’s going to cook overnight and then be heated up for tomorrow’s lunch. I am a firm believer than chili and spaghetti are always better reheated. Here’s hoping…
Want to try it out for yourself?
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 3.5 lbs Ground Chuck (I am only using 3)
- Coarse Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 White Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 1 Habanero Chile VERY Finely Chopped (be careful with this guy)
- 1/4 Cup Chile Powder
- 1 T Dried Oregano
- 1.5 t Ground Cumin
- 1/4 t Cayenne Pepper
- 2 28 Ounce Cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 12 ounces of Amber Beer (I used Abita)
- 2 15 ounce Cans of Kidney Beans (I used one dark red and one light red)
- Tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and limes for serving.
Use half of your olive oil and salt and pepper to brown ground beef in. Drain and set aside.
Use remaining olive oil to saute onions, pepper and garlic together for about 5 minutes until translucent. Mix together with browned beef.
Add all remaining ingredients (except beans) to slow cooker with beef and onion mixture. Cook on high setting for 5 hours before adding beans.
After you add beans cook on high for another 30 minutes, but uncovered to allow chili to thicken. Enjoy!
Photos: Martha Stewart Living